Chimes Family of Services respects the privacy of all its stakeholders. Chimes does not
exchange or sell lists of donors or any other stakeholders with any organization. If you would
like to verify, correct the information we have or request that your name as a donor not be used
in our annual report, please contact the Development and Corporate Communications office at
Commitment to Online Security
Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security
and integrity of personal information. Chimes policies and procedures outline the
responsibilities of all staff in regard to confidentiality. All staff and contractors that require
access to personal information are bound to comply with these polices and are given user names
Personal Information that Chimes May Collect Online
Chimes does NOT collect personal information online, including names, postal and e-mail addresses,
phone and facsimile numbers, billing information, and complaint information. Chimes does not
knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from children under the age of 13.
Chimes does use a third party vendor for the purpose of donations. Blackbaud’s security measures include the following:
Donate With Confidence®
At Blackbaud, we guarantee that your donation is in good hands. Our three-prong system guarantees the highest level of security. Here are the ways we ensure your protection:
1. To make sure that you are making a legitimate and secure transaction, look for “www.kintera.org” as the leading term in the address bar of your browser. This means that Blackbaud has verified that the cause you are contacting is 100% legitimate and is hosting the site you are visiting.
2. About SSL Certificates VeriSign: At Blackbaud, you never have to worry about credit card safety. We're proud to be a partner of VeriSign. Please click on the VeriSign logo to verify our membership, and our commitment to your security. Most browsers will show a lock icon in the bottom status bar on secure pages. Look for this icon on any web page that asks for your personal information.
3. Privacy: We promise to protect your personal information. When entering donation information, your personal information is highly secure. Our servers protect your information using advanced security technology. Furthermore, we honor your privacy. We pass along only information that you willingly give and only to the organizations you designate. All of your information goes into our "vault" that is constantly monitored and supported with secure back-up.
4. For questions or concerns about credit card transactions or charges on your statement, please contact your organization.
How Chimes Uses Personal Information Collected through Third Party Vendors
Chimes only uses your personal information for the purpose for which it is submitted, such as to reply to your emails handle your complaints, and process payments for donations and event ticket purchases. We will use such information provide you additional information about our programs and services. If you wish to discontinue receiving information about Chimes you may contact Chimes Development and Corporate Communications at 410.358.6400 or email us at Development@chimes.org. Chimes do not sell information or lists to any company.
How Your information May Be Shared
In order to process a complaint, Chimes will use the information to respond to your concern.
Chimes will also use your information:
• Where release is required by law (for example, a subpoena) or regulation or is
requested by a government agency;
• To appropriate persons, where your communication suggests possible harm to others.
Help Us Keep Your Personal Information Accurate
If your personal information changes or you would like to review the personal information we
may have on file, please email us with the new information or your review request to
Development@chimes.org or by regular mail to:
Development and Corporate Communications
4815 Seton Drive
Baltimore, MD 21215
Computer Tracking and Cookies
Our website is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by
visitors. Our site logs do generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the
number of hits and visits to your sites. This information is used for internal purposes by
technical support staff to provide better services to the public and may also be provided to others,
but again, the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such
information. No personal information is collected.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Webserver and stored on
your computer’s hard drive. Chimes uses non-identifying cookies to provide easier site
navigation and access to forms. You can still use the Chimes sites if your browser is set to reject
cookies. Our cookies do not generate personal data, do no read personal data from your machine
and are never tied to anything that could be used to identify you.
at Development@chimes.org or by telephone to the Office of the President, 410.358.3800.